Seth.D's Forum

Your eyes are not deceiving you, this site is still around! http://discord.gg/XYwFwHb
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:02 am 
Koopa
Koopa
Progress to next rank:
5%

Coins:

Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
As most of you know rating has been inactive..And people are like "RATE DAMMIT U WANT THIS FORUM TO BE ACTIVE HAR HAR THEN RATE FOR LOVE OF FUCK!" Almost nobody rates except the level raters because its their job. Is this what's coming to? Level rating being a job instead of doing it for fun? Thats what it seems like. When i go to rate a level instead of me saying "Oh yes this is going to be so much fun" I say "FUCK I DONT WANNA RATE THIS RIDICULOUS PEICE OF SHIT". I got level rater yesterday for an hour. I resigned, because i cant beat any of them.
So do you see where i'm getting at? LEVELS ARE RIDICULOUSLY HARD NOW OF DAYS! IT MAKES IT SO FRICKIN UNFUN! Why do you guys make them so frickin hard!?!??!? I DONT GET IT! You can have a best level without making it so you have to give it 2 WHOLE HOURS! Yes yesterday i played a level for 2 hours and quit. They had a part where the thwomp goes up and down in a small space, and theres just enough room for you to make it under. IT HAS TO BE PIXEL PERFECT! One pixel off you try it again, its ridiculous!
Nobody wants to play smf anymore for fun, they just do it because its their job.
So my suggestion? More than half of the UMLs are inactive and extremely hard. I say clear them out! (at least the old ones) and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease make your levels easier!
Oh and one more thing i see a lot, all of the hard levels get bests. WHY? Its hard so it gets an automatic best? Or its easy it gets an automatic spam? All i have to say is an easy level can get bests, a hard level can get spams.
i've made a topic three times now like this. UML is getting really inactive..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:05 am 
Princess Daisy
Spiny
Spiny
Progress to next rank:
12%

Coins:

Highscores: 3
Medals: 1
rage moar

smfe tried this, and levels still take too much time to rate even if their easier :P And raters will still rate lower for easier levels, its just what happens :X

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:06 am 
Koopa
Koopa
Progress to next rank:
5%

Coins:

thats because smfe fails and needs to die in a hole.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:07 am 
Princess Daisy
Spiny
Spiny
Progress to next rank:
12%

Coins:

Highscores: 3
True.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:21 pm 
Blooper
Blooper
Progress to next rank:
35%

Coins:

~redstar~ wrote:
As most of you know rating has been inactive..And people are like "RATE DAMMIT U WANT THIS FORUM TO BE ACTIVE HAR HAR THEN RATE FOR LOVE OF FUCK!" Almost nobody rates except the level raters because its their job. Is this what's coming to? Level rating being a job instead of doing it for fun? Thats what it seems like. When i go to rate a level instead of me saying "Oh yes this is going to be so much fun" I say "FUCK I DONT WANNA RATE THIS RIDICULOUS PEICE OF SHIT". I got level rater yesterday for an hour. I resigned, because i cant beat any of them.
So do you see where i'm getting at? LEVELS ARE RIDICULOUSLY HARD NOW OF DAYS! IT MAKES IT SO FRICKIN UNFUN! Why do you guys make them so frickin hard!?!??!? I DONT GET IT! You can have a best level without making it so you have to give it 2 WHOLE HOURS! Yes yesterday i played a level for 2 hours and quit. They had a part where the thwomp goes up and down in a small space, and theres just enough room for you to make it under. IT HAS TO BE PIXEL PERFECT! One pixel off you try it again, its ridiculous!
Nobody wants to play smf anymore for fun, they just do it because its their job.
So my suggestion? More than half of the UMLs are inactive and extremely hard. I say clear them out! (at least the old ones) and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease make your levels easier!
Oh and one more thing i see a lot, all of the hard levels get bests. WHY? Its hard so it gets an automatic best? Or its easy it gets an automatic spam? All i have to say is an easy level can get bests, a hard level can get spams.

Exactly why I haven't gone for Level Rater here or at Smfe for months; I can't beat the levels, and I dont want to spend 2 hours on a level to beat it then rate it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:03 pm 
Saoshyant
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
44%

Coins:

Medals: 2
~redstar~ wrote:

i couldn't agree more

~redstar~ wrote:
thats because smfe fails and needs to die in a hole.

true dat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:04 pm 
The Offical Forum Destroyer >=D
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp
Progress to next rank:
97%

Coins:

the problem is that the ones who make easy lebels are new newbies, and poetpu alwayz had those so it was phun. But were all trained to be kings at lebel desining, so like eerythign is a fight to see who make hardest level or its off with thee head! Another reeson is dat keboords are reellly crimy nowa dayzz.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Put this on your signature if you're one of the 4% who will stand up for God.

Stamp Collection
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:16 pm 
Not IN-sane, but quite out.
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
91%

Coins:

St∅rmShacer17 wrote:
the problem is that the ones who make easy lebels are new newbies, and poetpu alwayz had those so it was phun. But were all trained to be kings at lebel desining, so like eerythign is a fight to see who make hardest level or its off with thee head! Another reeson is dat keboords are reellly crimy nowa dayzz.

This right here is the main problem. We set our standards so high for levels that we have to make ridiculously insane levels with crazy backtracking and just outright frustrating obstacles that require you to be pixel-perfect.. Rating is also probably one of the main causes, too. We rate following a specific philosophy that all levels should have such sophisticated obatacles that we end up influencing the level designer to make the levels we have in the UML today.

Red has a very strong point here: levels are just becoming so ridiculously difficult that level rating has become a chorefest and a borefest now.

This is PieHunter, former Level Mover, Moderator, Level Rater Admin, Great User, and Co-Admin signing off for the last time.

Haha, yeah right! P.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jUj_XJ9 ... re=related <-I. CAN. NOT. STOP. LAUGHING.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:21 pm 
Koopa
Koopa
Progress to next rank:
5%

Coins:

Well said pie.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:34 pm 
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
91%

Coins:

I'm just gonna bump this because I feel this has an amazing ring to it...

This is PieHunter, former Level Mover, Moderator, Level Rater Admin, Great User, and Co-Admin signing off for the last time.

Haha, yeah right! P.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jUj_XJ9 ... re=related <-I. CAN. NOT. STOP. LAUGHING.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:01 am 
The Darkness will always be there.
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Invitations sent: 1
How about we abolish the rating system and just have a collection of levels?

I'm perfectly serious, since, after all, the point is to share levels, not rate them and tell whether they suck or not, that's an opinion. ALL RATES ARE OPINIONS.

The only reason we have the rating system is because we're mimicking the portal and SMFE.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 pm 
Blooper
Blooper
Progress to next rank:
35%

Coins:

GLaDOS wrote:
How about we abolish the rating system and just have a collection of levels?

I'm perfectly serious, since, after all, the point is to share levels, not rate them and tell whether they suck or not, that's an opinion. ALL RATES ARE OPINIONS.

The only reason we have the rating system is because we're mimicking the portal and SMFE.

*Boing*

Best idea I've heard since drawstring backpacks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Invitations sent: 2
Successful invitations: 1
Highscores: 10
Medals: 5
Us Admins WILL be working on rules regarding the difficulty of levels. For the sake of activity on this forum. New rules will be implemented in a few days.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm 
Saoshyant
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
44%

Coins:

Megumi Kitaniji wrote:
Us Admins WILL be working on rules regarding the difficulty of levels. For the sake of activity on this forum. New rules will be implemented in a few days.

why must the activity of the forum rely on a stupid flash game

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:01 pm 
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
91%

Coins:

King Ghidorah wrote:
Megumi Kitaniji wrote:

Because the forum created by pouetpu to smfe to this forum was based off that "stupid flash game"? :roll: the forums wouldn't have any purpose at all if it wasn't based off this game, only a chat forum if you think about it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:40 am 
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

PieHaunter wrote:
King Ghidorah wrote:
Megumi Kitaniji wrote:

Because the forum created by pouetpu to smfe to this forum was based off that "stupid flash game"? :roll: the forums wouldn't have any purpose at all if it wasn't based off this game, only a chat forum if you think about it.

A chat forum still has a purpose, to chat/discuss.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:39 am 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp
Progress to next rank:
84%

Coins:

Highscores: 1
Medals: 6
Wow red. I think you are right. But when you make easy levels, they are SPAM. So, I agree with red on this one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:14 pm 
Blooper
Blooper
Progress to next rank:
35%

Coins:

CupidKirby777 ^.^ wrote:
Wow red. I think you are right. But when you make easy levels, they are SPAM. So, I agree with red on this one.

Easy levels arent spam unless the flag poll is literally right in front of you in the beginning, or similar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:36 pm 
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant
Progress to next rank:
80%

Coins:

Easy =|= spam unless conditions that Dan stated.

If a level is easy, it is most likely made for another purpose that isn't 'ZOMG HARD'.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:03 pm 
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
91%

Coins:

GLaDOS wrote:
A chat forum still has a purpose, to chat/discuss.

What I meant was that we ARE an SMF forum. If we didn't use SMF, we wouldn't have any real purpose as one, only being a chat forum.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:14 pm 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Coins:

Invitations sent: 2
Successful invitations: 1
Highscores: 10
Medals: 5
We are now a chat forum. Topic locked.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]