Seth.D's Forum

Your eyes are not deceiving you, this site is still around! http://discord.gg/XYwFwHb
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:02 am 
Paratroopa
Paratroopa
Progress to next rank:
70%

Coins:

Invitations sent: 0
Successful invitations: 0
No matter what I do, I can never make a level right. It makes me cry! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can someone help me?

P.S. I've tried to fix things, but still, everything goes wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 am 
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp
Progress to next rank:
84%

Coins:

Highscores: 1
Medals: 6
Well dud, I am so sorry to hear that your levels haven't been turning out that good. Have you ever tried my level, "Cave Of Wonders II"? If you haven't, go and play it. Take note of how i use the scenery, and feel how difficult it is. But, if you wanna go the easy way, follow these steps.

1. Make it look good! Make the level look good, so don't overload monsters and don't put useless and pointless scenery in the level to make it look nice.

2. Make sure it is fun! To make your level fun, you need to add difficulty by adding challenges. You can make some up your own, or use someone else's challenge.

3. That is music to my ears! Careful of which music you pick to be where. Land fits best with 1, 2, or 3. 4 doesn't really fit anything for a good level. 5 fits best for a cave. 6 fits absolutely best with a castle or a ghost house. 7 fits good with a bowser battle or a boss battle. 8 doesn't really have a meaning, for we ignore it. :XD2:

4. I put effort into this! Make sure you put somewhere in the level, the hardest and most fun, but not too frustrating, challenge of all. That will make people think you put effort in your level.

5. I ain't rating this. Don't let people think that the level is impossible. Put a flagpole, and some way to get it that isn't 1% possible.

6. MY EYES!!! Don't overload monsters, for they make the level look bad and spammed.

7. Nice tiles! Tile placement is one of the most important things in making a level. If you don't place tiles right, you can't get points for that.

If you STILL need advice, PM me for further feedback.

Happy Building!
~Icekirby640

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:14 am 
Saoshyant
Dry Bones
Dry Bones
Progress to next rank:
44%

Coins:

Medals: 2
moved to questions and answers and locked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:49 am 
The Offical Forum Destroyer >=D
Chain Chomp
Chain Chomp
Progress to next rank:
97%

Coins:

Medals: 1
unlocked

There is really no reason to lock it, people can still give opinions

Dud, usually, wehn i create a level, i find a good theme. Or a goal. Then i gather some good chllenges from other levels.
-Thats why i created the usermade challenge guide-
Then i put them together, and give scnery a layered twist. I analyze it.
And usually now it starts to look good. And then after i do some i go back and look it over

-lol this is why im so slow at making levels-

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
Put this on your signature if you're one of the 4% who will stand up for God.

Stamp Collection
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]